On Sunday, July 3, 2011, the International Idiots Club will be celebrating Independence Day at Boomerang Billy’s on South Padre Island, which will include a scheduled Fly-Over by the Commemorative Air Force (weather permitting) and a patriotic themed day.
We are asking that anyone interested in helping with this cause bring items which will be collected that day and delivered to the AMERICAN MILITARY SUPPORT organization located in Harllngen.
If you are a deployed American or have a friend or a relative FROM THE RIO GRANDE VALLEY area overseas in the military or know of someone who does and would like for them to receive a care package, just select the “REQUESTS” button on their (AMS) web site.
If you would like to make a donation directly to the organization (your check will serve as your receipt) please make a check payable to AMERICAN MILITARY SUPPORT and all checks received that day will be delivered all together.
Any cash donations collected that day will be provided to the organization as a single check from the International Idiots Club.
The following Care and Comfort items are needed on a continuing basis for our deployed U.S. forces:
- Snacks, Foods, and Treats
- Individually wrapped hard candy ( Twizzlers, Tootsie Rolls, Tootsie Pops, Skittles, lollipops, Life Savers, Sweet Tarts, etc), chewing and bubble gum, mints, breath strips (no chocolate or home made items
- Small packages (lunch box sized) of nuts, seeds, pretzels, cookies, chips (Pringle type containers best), Cracker Jacks, crackers, Corn Nuts, fruit snacks and fruit strips, Gardettos
- Trail Mix, energy bars, protein bars, breakfast and granola bars, nut bars, instant oatmeal, Kraft Easy Mac, Ramen and Cup a Noodles
- Powdered, sweetened drink mixes (Gatorade, Crystal Light, Kool-Aid), ground or instant coffee, tea bags, hot chocolate, cider mix, sugar, sweetener, Coffee Mate, and condiment packets
- Canned meats (NO PORK!), stews, chili, ravioli, soups, fruit, beef jerky, non-refrigerated microwavable meals
- Personal, Hygiene and Toiletries
- Hotel/travel sized gel deodorant, shampoo, lotion, toothpaste and mouthwash, toothbrushes, dental floss and Brush Ups
- Disposable Razors, Eye drops, Nose Drops, Unscented Baby Wipes, Wet wipes, Small Hand Sanitizer, Mach III Turbo Razor Blades
- Small Kleenex Packets, Q-Tips (Large packages are fine), Anti-Fungal Creams, Band Aids, Foot Powder, Sunscreen
- DVDs, AAA and AA batteries, pens, pencils, blank greeting cards and stationary, stickers, disposable cameras, AT&T phone cards
- Gallon, Quart, Sandwich, and Snack Sized Ziploc Bags
- Hand written cards and letters of encouragement for our troops.